Your Eurail France rail pass is the key to all your train travel needs. France is the world's most popular travel destination. And no wonder, with so many interesting stops, like Paris, the French Riviera, the ski resorts in the Alps and the castles in the Loire Valley. If you travel during high season, don't forget to read our section on summer seat reservations.
Pass benefits in France
Check out the extra discounts and offers for Eurail pass holders in France, including reduced prices on certain ferries and museums.
View the pass benefits in France.
Quick facts about France
- Capital: Paris
- Population: 65.4 million
- Language: French
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- Rail company: SNCF
- Railway size: 29,100 km (18,080 mi)
France no longer in Select Pass
Eurail passes for France
Seat reservations in France
Please note that the number of seats available for Eurail pass holders is limited on the following high-speed trains in France:
- TGV: all domestic and international routes.
- Thalys: on all routes between France and the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
- InterCité trains: on some routes that require reservations.
- ICE: Paris – Frankfurt route only.
We recommend that you make reservations as soon as possible, ideally 2 months in advance. To check availability for the train, contact a booking center or visit a European railway station.
If a train is fully booked for pass holders you can:
- check our alternative routes.
- buy a full-fare ticket (if this is the only train you take that day it saves you a travel day).
France rail pass
There is no One Country Pass for France.
If you want to visit only France with a rail pass, read this FAQ.