Traveling with Eurail in Ireland gives you the best of two worlds. The Republic of Ireland offers an enchanting green landscape, the lively capital Dublin, famous castles and charming pubs. Eurail is also valid in Northern Ireland. Visit the impressive coastline, explore the troubled history, and visit the vibrant capital Belfast.
Trains in Ireland
Iarnrod Eireann, or Irish Railways, runs all of the train routes in Ireland. The trains in Northern Ireland are operated by Northern Ireland Railways.
Read more about trains in Ireland.
Pass benefits in Ireland
Check out the extra discounts and offers for Eurail pass holders in Ireland, including reductions on certain ferries and hostels.
View the pass benefits in Ireland.
Ireland quick facts
- Capital: Dublin and Belfast
- Population: 6.2 million (in total)
- Language: Irish, English
- Currency: Euro (EUR) and British Pound (GBP)
- Rail company: Iarnrod Eireann (Irish Railways) and Northern Ireland Railways
- Railway size: 2,060 mi (3,300 km)