This deal has ended
Discounted travel through Italy
Get 20% off the Eurail Italy Pass when you order between September 2 and October 31!
Take Italy's luxurious Frecce high-speed trains between popular cities like Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan.* Or hop on Trenitalia regional trains and be whisked along the rugged Amalfi Coast, or relax onboard as you meander through the rolling hills of Tuscany. And stop off at towns like Sorrento, Assisi and Siena for a taste of authentic Italy.
For a dose of travel inspiration for your own Italian rail adventure, check out our Italy train itinerary.
*A reservation is required for high-speed and night trains in Italy. Read about reservations in Italy.
Top 10 things to do in Italy
Italy has an abundance of memorable activities to keep you entertained on your Eurail trip. Here are our top 10:
- Take a traditional gondola ride along the enchanting waters of the Grand Canal in Venice.
- Wander through the Vatican Museums in Rome – the highlight being the Sistine Chapel.
- Hike to the top of Mount Vesuvius in Naples and peer into its crater – one of Italy's three active volcanoes.
- Get up close to the Micahelangelo's Statue of David at the Galleria dell'Accademia in Florence.
- Stock up on stylish clothes and accesories on a shopping trip in Milan.
- Enjoy a picnic and bottle of Prosecco within the picturesque surroundings of Lake Como.
- Stand within the ancient walls of Rome's Coliseum and imagine the roars of the crowd as the gladiators battled it out.
- Take the train to the gorgeous island of Sicily – this unique rail experience involves the train boarding a ferry to cross the water.
- Spend a day discovering the ancient Roman city of Pompeii – destroyed and buried after the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.
- Head to the Italian Riviera and admire the colourful buildings of Cinque Terre.
Photo train © Archivio Ferrovie Dello Stato Italiane.