Are you new to the concept of Eurail passes? Don't worry, it's not difficult to find the right Eurail pass for your perfect Europe trip.
Which Eurail pass you should choose depends on these 4 criterias:
1. Countries: Where in Europe do you want to go?
Experience all of Europe's highlight with the Global Pass
Want to see as much of Europe as possible? Then our Eurail Global Pass is a popular choice. You can travel by train in and between 24 countries, all with one rail pass.
Select up to 5 countries with the Select Pass
With the Eurail Select Pass you only pay for the countries you want to visit. You can select 3, 4 or 5 of your favorite countries, as long as they are bordering. You can for example combine Italy and Austria with Germany.
Visit 1-2 countries with our One Country and Regional Pass
Looking for a short holiday break in 1 or 2 countries? Choose from 19 different
Eurail One Country Passes. One example is the Eurail Italy Pass.
You can also choose one of the 24 Eurail Regional Passes, for example the
Eurail Austria-Switzerland Pass.
2. Validity: How far and how often do you want to travel?
Each Eurail pass has a different validity period. For the Eurail Global Pass it ranges from 15 days-3 months. The Select Pass starts from 5 days.
Will you take a train almost every day? Choose a Eurail pass with a continuous validity. For example: with the Eurail Global Pass 21 days continuous, you can you travel on 21 consecutive days.
Will you travel once every few days? Choose a Eurail pass with a flexible validity period. For example: with the Eurail Global Pass 15 days within 2 months, you are free to choose 15 days on which you want to travel, during a period of 2 months.
3. Discounts: Do you qualify for youth or group discounts?
Each Eurail pass offers various discounts:
- Are you under 26 on your first day of travel? Then you can get a discounted youth pass, available for 2nd class.
- 2 adults or more can get a group discount by buying a Saver Pass. You will need to travel together since you share one pass.
- Children under 12 travel with a cheap child pass. Children under 4 travel for free.
4. Class: Do you prefer to travel in 1st or 2nd class?
Eurail discounted youth passes are only available for travel in 2nd class. As for the adult and Saver Passes the only option is to travel in 1st class.
- Youth travelers who prefer 1st class, can buy an adult pass or a Saver Pass.
- A 1st class Eurail pass is also valid for 2nd class train travel.
- In order to travel 1st class with a 2nd class Eurail pass, you can buy a supplement locally.