Our Booking Terms define the conditions of your purchase on Eurail.Com. You must agree to these conditions before completing your purchase.
Refunds, cancellations and exchanges
- All Eurail pass refund requests must be made exclusively at the company where the pass in question has been purchased, while presenting the original pass in its pass cover. If you’ve purchased your pass at Eurail.Com, contact Eurail.Com's order support team to begin the return procedure.
- Refunds are subject to a 15% cancellation fee after payment to Eurail.Com has been made, except when you have purchased the Premium Shipping Service and the first delivery attempt of the package is later than the Estimated Delivery Date as indicated during the order process. In this case, you are entitled to a 100% refund including shipping costs.
- In case of an exchange for a different pass or an accidental double order, a 100% refund minus an administrative fee of €15 per pass or the equivalent of €15 in local currency will apply, instead of the standard 15% administration fee.
- Unused passes bought at Eurail.Com can be exchanged for a different pass type by contacting Eurail.Com's order support team. Please ensure that you contact the correct office to ensure a speedy response.
- Unused rail passes are refundable within one (1) year from the purchase date (this is the issue date printed on the pass), provided they have not been activated (validated).
- Partially used or validated passes are 100% non-refundable.
- Shipping charges are not refundable, except when the Premium Shipping Service has been purchased, and the first delivery attempt of the pass is later than the Estimated Delivery Date as indicated during the order process.
- Lost or stolen rail passes are neither refundable nor replaceable, except when Pass Loss & Theft Coverage has been purchased and these specific terms apply.
Delivery of the package
- Delivery times stated on the website are indicative only. Eurail.Com does its best to deliver the pass on time, but will not be held responsible for any loss or damage suffered from late arrival of the pass or any other delivery problems, specifically not if the delay is caused by the postal service or courier. See the following table for the shipping costs of the different shipping options:
Shipping option Costs Track & Trace 100% On Time Guarantee Available for these countries Budget Shipping FREE No No Australia, Brasil, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, United States Standard Shipping from €9 / $9 Yes No all countries worldwide Premium Shipping from €29 / $35 Yes Yes all countries worldwide
- Immediately upon receipt, please verify that all ordered products have been delivered. If the Travel Pack is incomplete, please contact our order support team within 48 hours.
- If the package does not arrive on time, please contact our order support team. Eurail.Com will work with the client to find a satisfactory solution.
- If a Travel Pack that is sent with Economy Shipping without track & trace gets lost, it can take up to 8 weeks before we get the required information from the postal service to find a solution.
- All bookings are accepted and all passes are issued on the express condition that Eurail is not responsible nor liable for any loss (consequential or otherwise); damage (including, but not limited to, loss of, or damage to passengers' clothes, baggage, property, whatsoever); death, injury, delay, inconvenience or irregularity caused by, or arising from, or in connection with, any defect in any train, vehicle or other land or sea conveyance used, rented, or traveled in; or through the negligence, willful misconduct, strikes, or other acts, defaults, or omissions of any railroad carrier, car rental or other provider of goods and services.
- Travel with a Eurail pass is subject to the conditions, tariffs and regulations imposed by the European rail, shipping, bus or other companies, firms, or persons concerned. These conditions include making compulsory reservations on specific trains in some countries.
- Youth Passes can only be used by travelers under the age of 26 on the first day of travel.
- Saver Passes can only be used by travelers who are traveling in a group of 2 or more people.
- Complaints about Eurail.Com's service, website and orders made with Eurail.Com can be sent to email@example.com
- If you have complaints concerning the Eurail product (including complaints about strikes and problems with making reservations) contact the Eurail Group G.I.E.
Country of Residence
You can use a Eurail pass if you are a resident of a non-European country. You are considered to be a resident of a country if you have been living in this country for longer than 6 months on the first day of validity of your pass.
Residents from these countries are not entitled to buy a Eurail pass:
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Faeroer, Finland, FYR Macedonia, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia and Kosovo, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom or Vatican City.
Train staff will check your residency in your travel document, so make sure that you bring the right documents.
- Eurail.Com has been appointed by the Eurail Group G.I.E. as a Eurail General Sales Agent and is authorized to act as an intermediary between travellers and the European Railway companies that are members of the Eurail Group G.I.E by means of selling Eurail Passes.
- Every booking accepted is subject to a fraud check. Potentially fraudulent bookings will be manually reviewed, and the customers will be contacted, if needed. This will happen within 48 hours after booking, during business days. Eurail.Com is not responsible nor liable for any loss (consequential or otherwise); damage, delay, inconvenience or irregularity caused by, or arising from, or in connection with this process.
- Travel insurance is recommended.
- Travelers are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel documents and visas.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- Hotel and hostel bookings are carried out by our selected partners HotelsCombined and Hostel World. Eurail.Com cannot be held responsible for any changes, refunds or complaints with hotel bookings, nor for changes to hotel reservations caused by train delays, strikes, etc. Any queries regarding hotel bookings must be dealt with by the selected hotel or hostel partner.
Please note: Dutch law is applicable
VALID FROM APRIL 9, 2008 TO DECEMBER 31, 2013.