Eurail passes include access to a number of free and discounted European ferry routes and boats. Below you can find an overview of the major shipping lines which have a partnership with Eurail.
Overview of ferries
- Balearia (Spain & Balearic islands)
- Blue Star Ferries (Greece & Greek islands)
- Finnlines (Finland / Germany / Sweden / Poland)
- Grimaldi Lines (Italy / Spain / Tunisia / Malta)
- HML (Greece / Italy)
- Irish Ferries (Ireland / France / Wales)
- Minoan Lines (Greece / Italy)
- Stena Line (Netherlands / UK)
- Stena Line LTD (Ireland / Wales / Scotland)
- Superfast Ferries (Adriatic Sea) (Greece / Italy)
- Tallink Silja (Finland / Sweden / Estonia / Latvia)
Eurail pass conditions for ferries
For free passage on international ferry routes, your pass must be valid for the country of departure and arrival. For discounted passage, your pass must be valid for the country of departure or arrival.
Travel day rules for flexi passes
If you travel on a boat that departs after 7 p.m. (19:00) and arrives after 4 a.m. (04:00), you may chose to use just one of your travel days. When traveling by night ferry (Superfast, Minoan or Blue Star Ferries) you can fill in either the day of departure or the day of arrival. Please note that you cannot start your travel before the first day of validity on your pass.
For more details about discounts per country, see the page extra pass benefits.