The SJ night trains give travelers an unparalleled chance to experience all of Sweden, from the rolling farmlands in the south to the arctic mountain regions of the north.
The SJ night trains to northern Sweden operate on the following routes:
- Göteborg – Östersund/Åre
- Stockholm – Östersund/Åre
- Malmö – Sundsvall/Östersund/Åre
- Malmö – Stockholm
- Stockholm – Luleå/Kiruna/Narvik
- Göteborg – Luleå/Kiruna/Narvik
Conditions for Eurail pass holders
These SJ night trains are traditional night trains offering a variety of accommodation - seating, couchettes and sleepers.
- Couchette: 6 bunks in women’s or mixed-gender compartment. Bedding consists of hostel sheets and a blanket.
- Sleeper without in-room toilet and shower: 3 beds in women’s or men’s compartment. Bedding consists of a pillow, sheet, duvet, and duvet cover.
- Sleeper with in-room toilet and shower: 2 beds in single or double occupancy. The compartment holds 2 Dux® beds and is roomier than the regular sleeper. Bedding consists of a pillow, sheet, duvet, and duvet cover.
The SJ night trains are equipped with a traditional dining car serving breakfast, lunch and dinner to reasonable prices. Travelers may bring as much luggage as they themselves can carry aboard the SJ night trains (hazardous and overly bulky items are not permitted aboard). Skis count as luggage as long as they are encased. Bicycles are not permitted aboard SJ night trains due to safety regulations.
More information at www.sj.se.