Breathtaking views from the train window
Hop on one of Europe's scenic trains and you'll be in for a treat – dramatic mountain scenery, picturesque coastline and sparkling lakes. Sit back and enjoy Europe's landscape as it passes you by from the comfort of your seat. Find out about Europe's top scenic train routes.
Eurail passes are valid on some of the following scenic train routes, while others are discounted for pass holders.
Our favorite routes
The Bernina Express is a breathtaking train ride through the snow-capped mountain scenery of Switzerland. Take in views of dynamic glaciers, alpine lakes and rolling countryside.
View Bernina Express details.
The Flåm railway takes you on a tour of Norway’s mesmerising landscape. Gaze out at snowy peaks, catch sight of waterfalls plunging from steep cliffs and chug alongside azure fjords.
View Flåm Railway details.
All scenic routes
Read about Europe's best scenic train routes in:
- Inlandsbanan (Kristinehamn – Gällivare)
- Glacier Express (Davos/St.Moritz – Zermatt)
- Golden Pass (Lucerne – Interlaken – Montreux)
- Wilhelm Tell Express (Lucerne – Locarno
- Bernina Express (Chur – Lugano via Italy)
- Centovalli Railway (Locarno – Domodossola)