No need to collect multiple train tickets in Italy. Use one Eurail Italy Pass to uncover Italy's rich history and vibrant culture!
The comfortable and fun way to explore Italy.
Arrive in the center of Italy’s most famous cities.
Visit popular destinations like Rome, Venice, and Florence.
Traveling in a pair or as a group?
Adults can save 15% on standard prices when traveling together.
Conditions of this Eurail Pass
- General conditions for all
- Only non-European residents can travel with a Eurail Pass. If you’re a European resident you can travel with an Interrail Pass.
- The Eurail Pass is valid for travel with participating train, ferry and public transport companies. Read more
- Most high-speed and night trains require a reservation at an additional cost. Learn more about seat reservations
- 1st class Passes are valid in both 1st and 2nd class coaches. 2nd class Passes are only valid in 2nd class coaches.
- You need to activate your Eurail Pass within 11 months of the issue date. You can do this at a European train station, or online using our free activation service at checkout.
- All standard Eurail Passes are refundable or exchangeable if they are returned unused. Read our booking terms
- Additional conditions about our promotional Passes
- Additional conditions for Youth travelers
- To travel with a discounted Youth Pass, you must be aged from 12 up to and including 27 on the start date of the Eurail Pass.
- Additional conditions for Adult travelers
- If you travel with a discounted Adult Saver Pass (traveling together - save an extra 15%), keep in mind that all traveler names are printed on a single pass, so you need to travel together.
- Additional conditions for Adults with Children
- Children under 4 travel for free and do not need a Eurail Pass. You may be asked to sit a child under 4 on your lap during busy times.
- Children aged 4 to 11 travel for free with a Child Pass. A child must be accompanied at all times by at least one person with an Adult Pass or Adult Saver Pass. This doesn’t have to be a family member and can be anyone over 18.
- Up to 2 children can travel with 1 adult. For example, when 2 adults are traveling, they can take 4 children with them. If more than 2 children are traveling with 1 adult, a separate 1st class Youth Pass must be purchased for each additional child.
- Travelers aged 12 to 27 can travel with a 1st class Youth Pass.
Plan your trip
Start planning your route around Europe with our handy tools:
Ordering your Eurail Pass
Get more information to help you order your Eurail Pass:
We ship Eurail Passes worldwide. This also includes European addresses, such as hotels and hostels.
Trains in Europe
Europe’s extensive rail network connects world-famous capitals to charming off-the-beaten-track towns. Choose the type of train that best fits your travel plans – regional, high-speed, scenic, or night train.
Get the most out of your Eurail Pass by taking advantage of extra pass benefits. A range of discounts and special offers are available in the countries in which your pass is valid.
What is Eurail?
Eurail is your key to discovering Europe. Hop and off many of Europe’s trains by simply showing your Eurail Pass. Sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular views as you move from one top destination to the next on board Europe’s trains. Arrive in the city center ready to uncover rich history, thriving culture and diverse cuisine.