Do I need a Eurail or an Interrail Pass?

A Eurail Pass can only be used by non-European citizens or residents. European citizens can use an Interrail Pass instead, available from If you are not a European citizen but you can prove that you reside in Europe, you can also choose to use an Interrail Pass.

Still not quite sure? Fill in our handy Residency Tool to find out!

It tells you if you should travel with a Eurail Pass or an Interrail Pass.