Snälltåget Stockholm – Berlin night train
Travel from Sweden to Germany while sleeping on the Snälltåget Stockholm - Berlin night train. You don’t need to worry about airport check in or stressful traffic. You can relax and have a full night’s sleep, awaking in the heart of either Stockholm or Berlin.
The Snälltåget Stockholm – Berlin night train travels from Stockholm, Sweden to Berlin, Germany via Denmark (and vice versa). This train only runs from the end of March until the beginning of November, with regular departures in the summer months. For the full departure schedule and route overview, please refer to the Snälltåget website.
The train runs on the following routes:
- Stockholm – Malmö – Copenhagen Örestad – Hamburg – Berlin
- Berlin – Hamburg – Copenhagen Örestad – Malmö – Stockholm
- NEW: go further than Berlin and travel to or from Dresden (Germany) on limited departure dates.
All Snälltåget departures also stop in Hamburg, which is a perfect stop for those who are traveling further in Europe by train.
Please note that you can only travel on this train with a Global Pass, as your Pass needs to be valid in all the countries you're traveling through.
Reservations on the Snälltåget Stockholm - Berlin night trains are compulsory. We recommend you make your reservations as far in advance as possible. For this night train you can book your reservations up to 6 months in advance.
Please note that this train doesn't run the whole year. Check the timetable on the Snälltåget website for all departure dates. If you book this train on the day of its departure, please note you can only do so until 17:00.
For the private compartment, sheets, blankets, and pillows are provided and included in the price. Please note that you can only travel on this train with a Global Pass, as your Pass needs to be valid in all the countries you're traveling through.
For the on-board restaurant Krogen, it's mandatory to make a reservation. After booking your reservation you'll receive more information about this. There is also a little shop where you can buy some drinks and snacks.
How to make reservations for the Snälltåget Stockholm - Berlin night train
You can reserve your sleeping accommodation on the Snälltåget Stockholm – Berlin night train in the following ways:
Eurail reservation self-service system
Administration costs when booking through Eurail Self Service:
- € 2,- p.p. per train
- Additional € 9,- per order (for paper tickets)
With railway carriers
- Snälltaget: Only Berlin – Stockholm night train
- By clicking the link above you'll find yourself on the DB contact page. There are phone numbers for English, French, Danish, Italian, Dutch, or German speaking customer service representatives.
Prices between Germany and Sweden
- Seat: 199 SEK
- Berth in a shared compartment: 599 SEK / 749 SEK*
- Private compartment: 2449 SEK / 2995 SEK*
Prices within Sweden
- Seat: 49 SEK
- 1st class: 199 SEK
- Berth in a shared compartment: 499 SEK / 599 SEK*
- Private compartment: 1170 SEK / 2449 SEK*
* the higher prices are for departures between 1 June – 31 August 2023
Facilities and services
Change of currency
You cannot change the currency once you have a Pass in your cart. Remove the Pass, and then change the currency on the website header.