How to get from Amsterdam to London
Discover your rail options from Amsterdam to London
4 hours 40 minutes
Eurail Pass Recommendation
Eurail Global Pass
Travel from London to Paris and discover up to 31 European countries. The Eurail Global Pass is our most popular rail pass, and the perfect way to see more of Europe. Gives you access to this train route and countless more!
The Rail Route: AMsterdam to London
Distance from Amsterdam to London
331 miles (534 kilometers)
Amsterdam Centraal Station to London St. Pancras International
- This route takes an average of 4hrs 40mins, including one transfer in Brussels of around 42 minutes
- Amsterdam - Brussels 1hr 51min
- Brussels - London 2hr 7min
- The train from Amsterdam to Brussels runs 14 times a day
- The train from Brussels to London runs 9 times a day
The combined cost of the two trains without a Eurail Pass is on average 180 Euros, and as high as 400
With a Eurail pass, you pay only 45 Euros for the seat reservations (15 EUR + 30 EUR)
- Seat reservations are required on both trains.
- Thalys from Amsterdam to Brussels costs 15 Euros, and the Eurostar from Brussels to London costs 30 Euros.
- Book ahead of time to guarantee a place.
- Tickets can be purchased directly at the stations, however this is subject to availability.
Both train carriers have facilities to make your journey as comfortable as possible
- On-board WiFi
- Electrical Outlets
- Food service available on request for an additional cost
- Comfortable seats with optional tables
- Luggage storage
Check their websites for additional information
What your fellow travelers said
"Even in standard class Eurostar seats are comfortable and carriages are air conditioned."
Read Erin McNeaney's account of her trip on the Eurostar.
"It’s the perfect start or end point for a Eurail trip."
Serial Eurailer Andrew explains why London is a top Eurail destination.
Change of currency
You cannot change the currency once you have a Pass in your cart. Remove the Pass, and then change the currency on the website header.