EuroNight Kálmán Imre
The EuroNight Kálmán Imre runs from Munich and Zürich to the Hungarian capital Budapest. Travel straight to this majestic city on the banks of the Danube or get off the train early to discover cities such as Salzburg and Vienna.
EN Kálmán Imre route
The EuroNight Kálmán Imre runs daily from Stuttgart, Munich, and Zürich to Budapest in Hungary. It crosses the whole of Austria and makes stops in Salzburg and Vienna. From Vienna, the train will take you across the Hungarian border to Budapest in under three hours. It is one of the most classic train routes in Europe, consisting of seating cars, couchettes, and comfortable sleepers.
EuroNight Kalman Imre routes:
- Stuttgart – Munich – Budapest (train number EN 462/463)
- Via Vienna and Salzburg
- Zürich – Budapest (train number EN 40462/40467)
- Via Vienna, Salzburg, and Innsbruck
Reservations for the EuroNight Kálmán Imre are compulsory and can be made up to 6 months in advance. If you're traveling in high-season (May to September) or on a public holiday, we recommend you make you reservations as soon as possible.
How to make reservations
You can reserve your seat or accommodation on the EuroNight Kálmán Imre in the following ways:
Eurail reservation self-service system
Administration costs when booking through Eurail Self Service:
- € 2,- per person per train
- Additional € 9,- per order (for paper tickets)
With railway carriers
By calling the ÖBB booking centre
- You can call ÖBB 24/7 on +43 5 1717 (open 24/7)
By Calling the DB booking centre
- You can call DB 24/7 on +49 1806 996 633.
Locally at the train station in Switzerland, Austria, Germany, and Hungary
How to make a reservation for EuroNight trains through the ÖBB website
1. Go to the website of ÖBB and go to 'book ticket' (or click the hyperlink above)
2. Choose your route and click 'One-way tickets and day tickets' in the results
3. Before you pick your train, go to the top right corner and click on 'who is going?'. Here you click on 'add discount' and scroll down or search for 'Interrail/Eurail – Globalpass', then select it and click confirm.
4. Now you can select the train you want to take and you'll immediately see the Pass holder reservation fee you have to pay.
5. Go through the booking process and finalise your reservation. Please note that reservations for some routes can only be printed at an ÖBB self service machine or helpdesk in Austria.
- Seat: €19
- 6-bed couchette: €39 p.p.
- 4-bed couchette: €49 p.p.
- Triple sleeper: €59 p.p.
- Double sleeper: €79 p.p.
- Single sleeper: €119 per cabin
Facilities and services
Change of currency
You cannot change the currency once you have a Pass in your cart. Remove the Pass, and then change the currency on the website header.