The EuroNight Metropol is a comfortable night train that connects four impressive European capitals. Fall asleep in Budapest or Bratislava and wake up in Prague or Berlin. Stand proudly on the banks of the Danube river one day, and walk by the waterfront of the Vltava or the Spree the next.
EN Metropol routes
The EuroNight Metropol runs daily on the route from Budapest to Prague or Berlin. It runs parallel to the Danube and stops in Bratislava (Slovakia) in the evening. After crossing the border at Breclav, the train splits with one part continuing to Prague and the other part to Berlin.
On the route to Prague, Brno is the most important stop on the way. On the route to Berlin, the train passes through Poland, where Wroclaw is the most important stop.
EuroNight Metropol routes:
- Budapest – Bratislava – Breclav – Brno – Prague (EN 476/477 & IC 586/587)
- Budapest – Bratislava – Breclav – Wroclaw – Berlin (EN 40476/40457)
Also attached to this train from Budapest is EuroNight Chopin:
- Budapest – Bratislava – Breclav – Krakow – Warsaw (IC 406/407 & NJ 456/457 & EN 476/477)
Reservations for the EuroNight Metropol are compulsory. You can book your seat or accommodation up to 60 days in advance. If you're traveling in high-season (May to September) or on a public holiday, we recommend you make your reservations as far in advance as possible.
How to make reservations for the EuroNight Metropol
Eurail reservation self-service system
Administration costs when booking through Eurail self-service
- € 2,- p.p.per train
- Additional € 9,- per order (for paper tickets)
With railway carriers
- Polrail: Domestic and international trains
Locally at the train station
- By calling the Deutsche Bahn booking centre on +49 1806 996 633 (open 24/7).
- Seat: €3 – €3.50
- 6-bed couchette: €9.40 – €13.40 p.p.
- 4-bed couchette: €14 – €20 p.p.
- 3-bed sleeper: €20 p.p.
- Double sleeper: €30 p.p.
- Single sleeper: €70
Facilities and services
Change of currency
You cannot change the currency once you have a Pass in your cart. Remove the Pass, and then change the currency on the website header.