Intercités de Nuit Night Train
Imagine dozing off in Paris as the sun sets behind the Eiffel Tower, and waking up surrounded by high mountains. With the Intercités de Nuit you can sleep your way from Paris to Toulouse and continue to Latour de Carol on the Spanish border. You can also travel to Briancon in the Alps, near the Italian border. Save the daytime for exploring and travel by night!
Intercités de Nuit routes
The Intercités de Nuit is a comfortable night train, connecting Paris with the rest of France.
The Intercités de Nuit runs on the following routes:
- Paris – Toulouse (ICN 3731/3730 or ICN 3751/3750) – Daily all year round.
- Paris – Foix – Latour de Carol (ICN 3974/3975) – Daily all year round.
- Paris – Toulouse – Perpignan – Cerbere (ICN 3730/3731) – Only on Fridays and Sundays till the 30th of June. Daily in summer.
- Paris – Tarbes – Lourdes (ICN 3741/3742) – Daily all year round.
- Paris - Rodez (ICN 3755/3756) – Only on Sundays till the 25th of June.
- Paris – Marseille – Cannes – Nice (ICN 5771/5772) – Daily all year round.
- Paris – Briançon (ICN 5789/5790) – Only on Sundays till the 18th of June.
- Paris – Lourdes – Biarritz – Hendaye (ICN 3741/3742) – Daily during summer season, from the 7th of July till the 2nd of September.
Use the Intercités de Nuit as an alternative route to Spain
Both the night trains to Latour de Carol and Cerbère are good alternatives for the busy TGV route to Barcelona. The night train to Hendaye is a good alternative to reach San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Search for Paris to Latour de Carol in our timetable and find the local train to Barcelona on the Rodalies website (‘La Tor de Querol-Enveitg’).
- Search for Paris to Cerbere and Cerbere to Barcelona in separate enquiries in our timetable. This train only runs daily during summer season.
- Search for Paris to Hendaye in our timetable and find the local trains to San Sebastian and Bilbao on Euskotren* to Spain. RENFE trains to San Sebastian and Madrid depart from Irun, which is a 30 minute walk across the border or a 4 minute train ride by Euskotren.*
*Euskotren is not part of the Eurail network. Buy your tickets locally in Hendaye from vending machines or at the ticket desk.
Reservations on the Intercités de Nuit night trains are mandatory. Please keep in mind that seats and sleeping accommodation on this train are limited for pass holders. To ensure you have a place on the Intercités de Nuit, make your reservation as early as possible. Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance.
How to make reservations for the Intercités de Nuit
You can reserve your seat or sleeping accommodation on the Intercités de Nuit in the following ways:
Eurail reservation self-service system
Administration costs when booking through Eurail self-service system
- € 2,- p.p. per train
- Additional € 9,- per order (for paper tickets)
With railway carrier
- B-europe: domestic trains
By calling SNCF
- +33 1 84 94 3635
- Select #85 for English
- You can book both domestic and international reservations
Locally at the train station via vending machines
- You can book all Intercités de Nuit night train routes and accommodations via the SNCF ticket machines
- Reclining seat: € 11
- 6-bed couchette: From € 21* (2nd class)
- 4-bed sleeper couchette: from € 21* (1st class)
* The price varies per travel season
Facilities and services
Change of currency
You cannot change the currency once you have a Pass in your cart. Remove the Pass, and then change the currency on the website header.