Eurail German Rail Pass
The ultimate train ticket for exploring Germany; the Eurail German Rail Pass gives you:
- Unlimited travel on Germany's trains, and additonal coverage on several routes in Italy, Belgium, and Austria. Read more
- Travel with a discount if you're under 28, children under 12 travel for free!
Special discounts for boat and bus tours, attractions and shopping outlets in Germany
Don't forget about your seat reservations!
Some trains in Europe, like high-speed trains and night trains, require a seat reservation. Reservation fees are charged by the railway carriers, and are not included in your Eurail Pass. Read all about reservations →.
Conditions of this Pass
- General conditions for everyone
A German Rail Pass is valid for travel with Deutsche Bahn and other participating train companies.
You cannot order a German Rail Pass if you live in Germany.
You cannot use the German Rail Pass to travel to or from Germany or any of the included destinations outside of Germany. This Pass is only valid for travel with participating train, ferry and public transport companies in Germany and some participating international trains. Read more.
A 1st class Pass is valid on both 1st and 2nd class coaches. 2nd class Passes are only valid in 2nd class coaches.
- Additional conditions about our promotional Passes
- Depending on the promo conditions, promotional Eurail Passes may be non-refundable and non-exchangeable. To check if a purchased promotional pass is refundable or exchangeable, please refer to the invoice. Read more.
- Additional conditions for Youth travelers
To travel with a discounted Youth Pass, you must be aged from 12 up to and including 27 on the start date of the Pass.
- Additional conditions for adults with children
Children under 4 travel for free and do not need a Eurail Pass. You may be asked to sit a child under 4 on your lap during busy times.
Children aged 4 to 11 travel for free with a Child Pass. A child must be accompanied at all times by at least one person with an Adult Pass. This doesn’t have to be a family member and can be anyone over 18.
Up to 2 children can travel with 1 adult. For example, when 2 adults are traveling, they can take 4 children with them. If more than 2 children are traveling with 1 adult, a separate Youth Pass must be purchased for each additional child.
Children under 12 travel in the same travel class as the accompanying adult.
Travelers aged 12 to 27 can travel with a Youth Pass.
German Rail Pass
With the German Rail Pass you can travel all over Germany, and some destinations in other countries, with one rail Pass! Find out all about the discounts, benefits and other things that come with the Pass.
Trains in Germany
Germany's extensive rail network connects all of its top destinations, from world-famous capital to charming off-the-beaten-track towns. Choose the type of train that best fits your plans, and travel where you want.