Avant high-speed train
The Avant is a high-speed train used on shorter distances. It has services from cities such as Madrid, Barcelona, Málaga, and Valencia. It travels on high-speed lines with speeds up to 250km/h.
Avant trains run on the following routes:
- A Coruña – Santiago de Compostela – Ourense
- Barcelona – Girona − Figueres
- Barcelona – Tarragona – Lleida
- Barcelona – Tarragona – Tortosa
- Calatayud – Zaragoza
- Granada – Córdoba – Seville
- Madrid – Ciudad Real – Puertollano
- Madrid – Segovia – Valladolid
- Madrid – Toledo
- Málaga – Córdoba – Seville
- Málaga – Granada
- Murcia – Alicante
- Ourense – Santiago de Compostela – A Coruña
- Toledo – Madrid – Albacete
- Valencia – Requena Utiel
Reservations on the Avant high-speed trains are mandatory. We recommend you make your reservations as far in advance as possible.
How to make reservations for the Avant
Locally at the train station
- Reservations for Avant high-speed trains in Spain can only be made locally at the ticket desk of a Spanish Long Distance railway station. Find a list of long distance train stations here. You can make reservations on the day of travel or for up to 3 months in advance.
By calling Renfe phone sales
- +34 91 232 03 20
- Pre-reserving a seat is possible. You will receive a PNR code which you must use to pick up and pay for your reservation at a local station ticket office, making sure to show your Interrail Pass. After the booking, you must collect your reservation within 72 hours. The reservation can only be booked up to 24 hours before the train departure time. After this time the pre-reservation will expire.
- Please note that a pre-reservation is not the same as a reservation. It only holds a seat for you for 72 hours.
Other booking locations
- At a Deutsche Bahn ticket office. You need to provide the train number.
- Via Deutsche Bahn by phone (+49 30 2970 or directly to the English line +49 30 311682904). Collect at a DB ticket machine or receive via post (€5.90 per order). You need to provide the train number.
- Via a Swiss ticket office or by phone (see more here – scroll down to Switzerland).
Facilities and services
Change of currency
You cannot change the currency once you have a Pass in your cart. Remove the Pass, and then change the currency on the website header.