Blue Star Ferries
Blue Star Ferries connects mainland Greece to its surrounding islands, including Santorini, Kos and Rhodes. Get discounted travel on these ferries with your Eurail pass. Do a bit of island hopping and spend some time relaxing in paradise.
Blue Star Ferries routes
Aboard Blue Star Ferries you can travel within the following Greek island complexes:
From the port of Piraeus to Paros - Naxos - Santorini - Amorgos - Ios - Iraklia - Schinoussa - Koufonissi - Donousa - Syros - Tinos - Mykonos and Anafi
From the port of Piraeus to Rhodes - Kos - Leros - Patmos - Kalymnos - Astypalea - Tilos - Nisyros - Kastellorizo - Symi - Lipsi and Karpathos
The Northeast Aegean Islands
From the port of Piraeus to Chios - Mytilene - Psara - Oinousses - Samos (Karlovassi & Vathy) - Kos - Rhodes and Karpathos
From the port of Piraeus to Heraklion and Chania (route in partnership with Anek Lines Ferries)
Free passage with a Eurail 4 day and 6 day Greek Island Pass
Holders of a Eurail 4 day or 6 day Greek Islands Pass are entitled to four travel days on domestic ferries.
1st and 2nd class holders are entitled to Economy class.
Additionally, Greek Islands Pass holders are entitled to a 30% discount on any economy class trips that are in addition to their travel days within one month after the first trip.
No surchages and taxes apply when traveling with the 4 or 6 trips Greek Island Pass.
Discounted passage with a Eurail Global Pass
Holders of a Eurail Global Pass
get a 30% discount on the passenger fare in Economy class on domestic ferries. Surcharges and taxes apply.
The discount is available on the condition that you've made a crossing or have already booked a crossing between Greece and Italy.
You have to prove this by showing the ticket from that crossing.
Discounted passage with a Eurail Greece or Italy Pass
1st class Pass holders are entitled to travel in dormitories (when available*) or air type seats.
2nd class Pass holders are entitled to deck passage.
On board facilities
Blue Star Ferries vessels are equipped with facilities and entertainment options such as: an a la carte menu* and self service restaurants, bars, a gift store, satellite payphones and an internet corner. All cabin categories (2, 3 or 4 beds inside/outside) have ergonomic design and spacious interior including shower and toilet. Air craft type seats can be readily turned into comfy reclining surfaces. Particular attention is paid to the cabins designed for travelers with special needs.
* not available in all vessels
Check-in time is 1 hour prior to departure.
On the Blue Star Ferries website you'll find a port map of Piraeus and maps of the ferry routes.
How to make a reservation
Reservations are compulsory. You have the following options to make a ferry reservation:
At the port where you depart on the day of travel and pending availability
Book online through the Blue Star Ferries website
Call center in Athens (Tel. +30 210 8919800)
Via e-mail: email@example.com.
How to book via the Blue Star Ferries website
- Greece - domestic ferries (Blue Star Ferries & Hellenic Seaways)
You must book your ferries in the order that you will use them! If you book out of order, your Pass will not be valid from your starting location. For example, you book your first ferry for the 10th of August, this date will be the activation date of your Pass. The next ferry you book can only be after this date, for example on the 13th of August, not on the 8th of August.
2. Fill in the departure port, arrival port, departure date (and return date if applicable), and select for how many people you’ll be booking.
3. You’ll get a result page with all the available ferries, select the one you want to book a reservation for.
4. On the next page, scroll down to ‘Seats’ and under ‘Passenger 1’ select the ‘Seat Type’ à economy
5. Select the ‘Passenger Type’ a full fare
6. Select the ‘Discount’ that’s applicable to you:
- ‘Greek Island Pass 4 days – 100%’ if you are travelling with a 4 days Pass and you’re booking one of the 4 fully included domestic ferries.
- ‘Greek Island Pass 6 days – 100%’ if you are travelling with a 6 day Pass and you’re booking one of the 4 fully included domestic ferries.
- ‘Greek Island Pass – 30%’ for any additional domestic trips with a Greek Islands Pass
- ‘Global Pass – 30%’ if you have a Global Pass
7. Fill in your personal information.
8. Fill in your Pass Cover Number in the 'Discount ID / Document' field. You can find your Pass Cover Number on the back of your paper Pass cover, above the QR code.
9. Add your contact information, then click ‘Proceed’.
10. You’ll get to the ‘Booking Confirmation’ page, showing your reservation information. Double check if all information is correct, before accepting the terms and conditions, and clicking ‘Confirm and Book’.
Travel days and ferries
When traveling by night ferry you have to fill in the day of departure in your travel diary. If you are still on this ferry after midnight, you don't have to use a second travel day, unless you board a second ferry.
Please note that you cannot start your travel before the first day of validity on your Pass.
The Eurail Greek Islands Pass
International ferries between Italy and Greece
Superfast Ferries and Anek Lines operate international services between Italy and Greece. With the Eurail 6 day Greek Islands Pass, you get:
- Two international crossings between Italy and Greece. The offered routes are:
- Ancona to Corfu*, Igoumenitsa or Patras
- Bari to Corfu*, Igoumenitsa or Patras
- Venice to Corfu*, Igoumenitsa or Patras
- A free retour transfer by bus and train from Patras to Pireaus port (near Athens).
*Via Corfu on specific dates during summer season only
The Italy - Greece routes are jointly operated with Anek Lines.
Domestic ferries between the Greek islands
Blue Star Ferries and Hellenic Seaways operate domestic services in Greece. With the Eurail 6 day and 4 day Greek Islands Pass, you get:
An abundance of Greek destinations to choose from, including Crete*, Rhodes and Santorini.
30% discount on the passenger fare on any additional domestic trip (to an island).
*The Crete routes are jointly operated with Anek Lines.
Facilities and services
Change of currency
You cannot change the currency once you have a Pass in your cart. Remove the Pass, and then change the currency on the website header.